Today I felt like a missionary again. I loved it. One of the other interns and I went to Park City and Heber to put up flyers advertising The Forgotten Carols. It was big time deja vu for me walking the streets, cold wind blowing in my face, walking into businesses, talking to people. It was like it all came back to me and never left. It's nearly been three years since I was a full-time missionary. Days like today make it hard to believe it's been that long. Poor Rachel (the other intern)...I kept saying, "this reminds me of my mission!" It was interesting- I wanted to tell everyone about Forgotten Carols. And the Gospel. I think my mission really prepared me for a career in PR. Oh, how some days I still really miss my mission. I'm so grateful for what it has done for me in my life.
Oh, and today I found out that Culver's (a restaurant that was popular in Chicagoland and that we used to visit all the time as missionaries)is coming to American Fork!!!
P.S. Starbucks has really good Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate. Rachel and I got some. Funny thing- the girl at the counter gave me my hot chocolate and said, "Here's your Salted Carmel Mocha. Oh, I mean hot chocolate. There's no coffee in there. I promise." I guess she could totally tell we're LDS. That makes me happy.
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
2 comments:
Well, when you're in Utah, there's a pretty good chance of being a member. :)
That is true. :) But, it did seem like Park City had a lot of non-members.
Post a Comment