"This Christmas, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again." -Howard W. Hunter
I'm pretty sure I post this quote every year. I know I read it every year at least. I love it. It is great advice. Those are all things that can bring more joy into my life this season.
I've been thinking lately of how important it is to take the focus off ourselves and do something for others. It's easy to get weighed down with our own problems. But, as we serve others we learn that there are always people who are worse off than we are. Probably the best Christmas gift we can give is the gift of love to others.
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment