Every now and again you hear a story in the news that really tugs on your heart and helps remind you to put things in perspective and focus on what matters most. It seems like I've been having a lot of that lately in the past few months.
Well, on Monday, one of these stories hit pretty close to home. Mom, Dad, Christi and I were on our way home from a trip to Arizona when we learned that there was a tragic accident involving my brother's sister-in-law. I won't go into detail about what happened, you can read a bit about that here. It's just so sad. This family's life was forever changed in an instant. They'll never be the same.
So many people have been praying for her and her family. It's amazing that she is still alive. Miracles really do happen. If she survives, they have a long road of recovery ahead of them. She'll probably never be the same again. Buffy's brother came out with a statement that said "her fate is in God's hands." It's true.
As I was at the gym the other night, I couldn't help but be grateful that I can run, walk, see and hear. Some people don't have that priviledge. Jen might not have that priviledge again. Life can change so quickly. My heart hurts for their family.
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment