Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Blessings from Heaven!

I found out today that I got a scholarship for spring semester!!! Wow. I am so thrilled about this. Granted, it is only partial tuition, but hey, anything helps. I know this is a blessing from my Father in Heaven- perhaps even a direct blessing for serving Him on a mission. It sure isn't because of my academics, as I have not been in school for 2 years. I filled out an application for scholarships at BYU-I and wrote some essays. A wonderful couple from the community contributed so I can get an education with less of a load of debt to carry. I am so extremely grateful.

The news of this scholarship comes just one day after I received some other news. Last week while I was at home I went to the doctor. She did some blood work on me, as I expressed great concern that I have gained over 30 pounds in the past few years. I really eat pretty healthily, and I don't eat a ton. So, it's been a mystery to me as to why my weight has shot up. Well, yesterday I found out the results of my blood work. I have a high insulin level. Upon learning this, I did some research on the internet. Apparently diabetes is when you have a low insulin level. So, I guess it is kind of the opposite of diabetes. I'm not sure what all is going on. I have another appointment next week to discuss the results with her. Please keep me in your prayers. This was difficult news to take. I already suffer from two other major conditions.

However, I do see this as a blessing and opportunity. I'm glad that I can take care of it now, while I am young (and before it gets worse). Also, it hopefully explains other health issues I have had (always being tired, my weight gain, etc.) The timing of it all is incredible as well. When I turn 23 I am not eligible for my parents' insurance anymore. I will then go to BYU-I insurance. I found this out and was able to get another appointment for next week, just 3 days before I turn 23.

Anyway, I know that the Lord watches out for us. In time the blessings come. We don't always know why we are asked to go through what we go through. But, the Lord knows.

2 comments:

Lois said...

Congrats again Carrie!!! Wow - that is SO amazing that you were able to find everything out AND get your next appointment all before going off your parents insurance! You are truly blessed!!! :D

sarah e. said...

Carrie!! Yikes! I just saw your blog on facebook and thought I'd check it out. You are amazing!

I hope they are able to determine a treatment to your medical problems quickly. Seriously...amazing timing!