
I thought that title would catch your attention. :) So, since I've started school again, I have been tempted way too much by Grandma's cookies. Mmm. They are my weakness. My laptop, well, that has become almost an extention to my body. I have it and use it all the time. I am so grateful that Mom and Dad gave it to me. It is very helpful, as I do a lot of writing,etc.
Ok, here we are. Week two of school.
My life =
-Eat (If I'm lucky. However, I've been trying to be better about eating- and eating healthily)
-Go to class
-Do homework
-Sleep. (Sometimes sleep in class.)
Wake-up and do it all over again. Welcome to the exciting life of me!
Well, life is busy, but good. I have a lot of homework these days! Really, I should be doing it instead of writing on here, but I thought I'd take a break and give y'all an update.
Also, this week I was called to be the first counselor in Relief Society Presidency A in my ward. I say "A" because there are three relief societies in my ward! I am excited about the calling. Before I was given this calling, as I sat in church, I felt strongly that I'd have opportunities to serve those around me.
My life has suddenly been filled with assignments, readings, quizzes, tests, journals, group assignments, etc. Really, it is exhausting! I am trying to squeeze in some time to go to the grocery store, post office, exercise (but since I was sick all last week, that wasn't appealing), do laundry, and have some sort of fun. Oh, yeah, I have to teach in Relief Society on Sunday too. And my Saturday afternoon is taken up by a conference I have to attend for one of my classes.
I love my major, however. I love getting an education, not necessarily attending school. I am learning a lot. The things I am learning in my field of study will help me the rest of my life (and, well, for eternity, really). (I am majoring in Communication). My classes are helping me be a better person.
Also- interesting fact- I recently read that 75% of employers rate communication skills (written and verbal) as the number one thing they look for when hiring (Source: Job Outlook 2006). While I am still not sure what exact career path I want to take with my major, I'm not worried about being able to get a job when the time comes. I have felt the Spirit's guidance and reassurance that this is the major for me. I am looking into some different career options such as editing, news writing, and organizational communcation.
Anyway, that's my life right now. BYU-Idaho is great so far.
P.S. One thing I really enjoy is the weekly campus devotional every Tuesday.
1 comment:
Wow! Sounds like you are busy, busy, busy! :D That's awesome about your calling - I loved serving as first counselor back at CP. Do people still dress up for the campus devotionals? I always thought that was so cool and a lot of fun! Good luck!
Post a Comment