*This is a modification to a previous post....
I have recently been hurt by someone I thought was a good friend. I've known her for years. I've come to realize that a friend who is not willing to love me and show that love to me is not worth my time. Maybe I should focus on spending time with friends who care about and love me. The Lord has blessed me with friends who do care about me, and I am so thankful for that. I put in a lot of time and effort to keeping in contact with my friends and showing them I care. If they don't show me that same love and care back, then I need to move on.
It hurts to be hurt. What happened to me cut me right at the core. I don't think this friend even has any clue. Sadly, I think it's because she's not thinking of me and how I feel. But, that's selfish of me to think that she should be thinking of me...
I'm thankful that I do not have to walk the road of hurt and pain alone, because my Savior did. He is the greatest friend of all.
I'm coming to realize that it's not the quantity of friends that matter, it's the quality. I have a few awesome quality friends whom I love and adore and am so thankful for.
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
1 comment:
Carrie, I am so sorry you are having some of these trials. Sometimes friends come and go.
I have to go to clinic this friday so I will have to miss out on your party, but if you are still in Utah on Saturday, you should come down here and get a massage. By me, for free! ;)
I love you, and although we don't talk much, I actually do think about you often. I hope your week gets better, and I would love to see you sometime this weekend.
Post a Comment