Monday, April 6, 2009

Random Excitement in the Life of the Unemployed.




1. CONFERENCE- This weekend was general conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was awesome! I was so uplifted and motivated. I will share more of my feelings on this later.

2. SPRING- It reached a whopping 50 degrees today in Rexburg. There are buds poking up from the ground.

3. SKERPLES- While home last week I went to the mall and saw these markers. I looked closely and sure enough they were fake. Probably made in China.

4. A WALK and JAMBA JUICE- Since we experienced a heatwave here in Iceburg, Idaho, my roommate and I walked to the grocery store. We discovered an old building that reminded me of where I lived in Skokie on my mission. It was extremely ghetto. Oh, and since Jamba juice is located next to the store, I splurged and got some. :)

5. FRIENDS- I have been working really hard to keep in touch with friends. Yesterday I talked to one of my recent converts from the mission. It just made me sooooo happy. I felt like a missionary again. I felt the Spirit give me words to say to help her. It was awesome! Also, I have been pumping out letters left and right to friends still on the mission and friends at home. Since, I have the time now, why not?!

5. SCHOOL- Two weeks from today I start school again, after a two year break. I am happy to have something productive to do once again, and also being enrolled makes me feel so much closer to getting my degree!

1 comment:

Lois said...

I loved the post! I'm glad I'm one of the friends in #5!! :)