I haven't posted much about life this semester, so I thought I'd fill you in. I rearranged my schedule several times. I normally don't do that, but this time I kept feeling like something needed to change. So, I am taking:
Microapplications C- a class all about how to use Microsoft Excel. Interesting story-I was talking with a friend and it turns out she has the book for this class. She is letting me borrow if for the semester (free of charge)! A blessing from heaven! (The book is normally $100.00)
Visual Media- we work on creating documents such as flyers, brochures, etc using the Adobe Creative Suite.
Conflict Management- Pretty self-explanatory. Although, I am now taking it online, which I believe was a smart move. So far it is really good.
New Media Strategy and Tactics- this is a practicum class that I only have on Mondays. Since school started on Tuesday I haven't had it yet.
Family Foundations- A religion class all about "The Family: A Proclamation to the World." It should be very good.
So, those are my classes. I did have an editing class. I went to it and got really excited about the class. However, I could tell it was going to be a ton of work. I had homework before the first day of class. After the first day of class I was up until 1 am working on it. I woke up the next morning feeling like I should drop it. So, after some debate, I dropped the class. I'm kind of sad about it, because I am interested in the subject. But, for whatever reason, I dropped the class.
My roommates are really good. I am really having a blast.
In other news, I have now worked out 4 days this week- hopefully it'll be 5 as of today. I have lost a little weight over the past few months and hope to continue to do so. I love living so close to the gym on campus. I also love the fact that my roommates are diligent about working out, which helps motivate me.
Also, the bishop asked me to teach Relief Society tomorrow. The lesson is "Turn to the Lord," by Elder Hallstrom in this last conference. I got the assignment late Thursday night and haven't had too much of a chance to look at it, but something tells me I am giving this lesson because I need to learn from it. I also have an appointment with the bishop tomorrow morning- probably to receive a calling.
I haven't had time to go out and take pictures with my new camera. I was going to be taking a photography class or two, but that didn't work out. However, I am joining the Photographics' Society on campus. They meet weekly to talk about photography skills. There are contests and such. I'm looking forward to it.
Well, that's my life as of lately. It really has only been a week since I've been back. That's crazy. I think it's really going to be a good semester though. My life is filled with very good things.
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
3 comments:
I'm glad life is going well! Sounds like you're handling things well and having a great time! Good luck! Have a great semester!
Carrie! I was so happy to read this because I have my own schedule making to do in a few weeks and it can be overwhelming with so much to choose from!! Have a great semester and hopefully we'll see you when we get out there.
Good luck with all of your classes!! I usually ended up switching everything around every semester till it felt right too. What calling did you get? I look forward to more updates!!
Post a Comment