Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sister Chapman... Keller?

The Kellers
Kayla and I. (We did not plan on the whole black thing)
RMs from Chicago North.
*Special thanks to Kayla for the photos. There were so many people with cameras that I was a humbug and decided to not take any.

Yesterday was my mission trainer's wedding in Rexburg. I rode down with Kayla, who also served in Chicago and with Sister Chapman. It was a fun little day trip. It was interesting to see Kayla's reaction to Idaho. Ha ha. Idaho IS different. Lots of countryside and cows. I also got to play tour guide as we drove around the campus of BYU-Idaho. I definitely didn't feel like it's been four months since I've lived there. We drove by my new apartment complex... the place I'll call home in less than a week.

The most important part of the day was, of course, the sealing. It was beautiful. I'm glad I got to be there.

It's a little weird that she's married. After the sealing she commented on how it was different being called "wife" and now she has a "husband." I'm sure we will all get used to it.

I met her now husband right after they started dating back in mid-December (yeah). She called me up and said "Hey, I have someone I want you to meet." She brought him over and we all talked. He asked for juicy mission stories. Ha ha. As they were leaving, he went out the door and Breanna (aka "Sister Chapman") shut it for a second. She wanted my honest opinion of him. I told her that out of all the guys I'd seen her with (and it had been a lot), I thought he was definitely the best one for her. And now, here we are, just four months later and they are now married. When it's right, it's right.

There was an open house after the sealing. It was a nice little gathering. She had a special bouquet to toss. It was really pretty, and you'd never guess that it was filled with... CANDY! Awesome idea, huh? It basically fell into the arms of a tall girl after Breanna threw it. It was kind of funny.

The happy couple have two more receptions, a ring ceremony, and lots of driving this week. I bet they and their families will be glad when that's all done!

Kayla and I returned back to Utah last night. As we got into the subdivision a skunk ran in front of us. Close call. I giggled. She's now truly experienced Lehi. :)

I'm glad I was able to be part of the special day.

1 comment:

Lois said...

Sounds like another great day! It's so cool you've been able to go to both weddings!