Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sealing The Deal

Ha. Bet I caught your attention there, huh? I'm not (sealing the deal), but some of my friends are. Within the next week I get to attend the sealings of Breanna and Anton and Rachel and Bradley. I've never attended a sealing before and am really looking forward to it.


Bradley and Rachel.
I've know them both for a year this month. We were all in the same ward up in Idaho. I saw Rachel at church and thought she looked like a nice girl. Actually, I have this sister missionary radar and can point out RMs. I suspected she was one. So what did I do? I went up to her, introduced myself and asked her if she served a mission. Sure enough, I was right. We've been friends ever since. I was called to serve as 1st counselor in the RS presidency for both summer and fall semesters and Rachel was the President. Fall semester we were roommates.

Anton and Breanna.
I've written about Breanna before, but in case you missed it, she was my trainer on the mission. Since we both go to school in Idaho we've been able to keep in contact well and hangout. We discovered we're better friends off the mission when we don't have to spend every minute together (It's true). She's wonderful. I love her and I'm so glad she found the perfect guy for her.

I feel so immensely blessed at the friends Heavenly Father gives me. I feel like I keep getting so blessed to be able to meet and get to know so many great people. I'm looking forward to strengthening friendships this coming semester and making new ones.

2 comments:

C/K said...

Moral of the story: Be Carrie's friend and you'll have better chances of "sealing the deal".

Carrie said...

It's so true. Seriously. Watch out.