Sunday, July 29, 2012

4th of July "Camping" Adventure!


The whole family was together for the 4th. My sister got us a campsite at a park near our house and we had dinner and s'mores over there and just relaxed. I hosted a bubble party for the nieces and nephews. It didn't quite turn out how I wanted it to, but we had such a blast! It was A LOT foamier than I expected. But, the kids were able to blow bubbles and had a good time. We also ended up throwing foam on eachother. It really was SO fun! (If I wasn't the favorite Aunt before, I surely am now!)

While at the campsite, we got a bit of a 4th of July fire show. My brother saw flames in the distance. The flames were actually really close to where we were- just on the other side of the river. With all of the fires going on around here these days, we took it seriously. Mom called 911 and shortly thereafter the firetrucks arrived. As it turns out, it was a guy burning some of his farm. Dumb, dumb, dumb! Who does that on the evening of the 4th AND when there have been horribly fires all around us?! Apparently the fire department has had trouble with him before.

We were able to enjoy the rest of our evening after that settled down. We went to an open field nearby to see fireworks. I didn't stay very long, as I had to go to work the next day. I "camped" in my own bed. :)

No comments: