Monday, July 30, 2012

Happiness

On my way home yesterday I listened to a bunch of church talks. I don't remember who the speaker was, but the following quote has resonated with me: "Happiness is a city in the state of mind." I love it so much that I printed it out and taped it on my desk at work, along with a picture of my nephew who makes me so happy (as I was there this weekend, I looked at the kids and thought "how could looking at their smiles not make someone happy?").

That quote is so true. We control our thoughts and actions. We can choose to be happy. We can choose to create a good day. Now, I know firsthand that there are people with chemical imbalances. I, in fact have been dealing with this trial for many years. It is very real. It hurts me so much when people take it lightly and expect someone to just "snap out of it." So, I am trying to figure out how that ties in to this. But, I am going to make more of an effort to choose to be happy- to do everything in my power to be happy.

Life is too short to not be happy.

No comments: