Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New Favorite Hymn and Other News

I just had to share my new favorite hymn (is it a hymn...?). As I've said before, I heard it in Conference and I love it! (Yes, I'm a nerd.)

In other news, I got a call for an interview today. The interview is in Utah. SO out of the blue! I applied for this particular position in JULY. This complicates things just a tad bit, as I've been making plans to move to Arizona. But, if I got this job, I'd stay. I really would. It'd be too great of an opportunity to pass up. The position is with the Church as a staff assistant to the Priesthood Department. I'd be rubbing shoulders with the G.A.s (I'm not even kidding. I kind of had a pre-interview over the phone today [unexpectedly] and was told the position involves creating presentations and proposals to be presented to the First Presidency and taking phone calls from "The Brethern [Quoroum of the 12, etc]". This would be the one thing that'd get me to stay. It'd be too amazing to pass up. Not even a job at the Deseret Book Corporate Office would get me to stay at this point. So, we'll see how things pan out. It's really nice as I don't feel pressure about this. It's a win-win either way. I feel honored to even have an interview with the Church. My interview is in the Church Office Building. That in and of itself is amazing. If I don't get the job then I have a definite answer about moving to AZ.

Stay tuned to find out what happens next in my crazy life! :)

No comments: