Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sister Missionaries ROCK!

I, like the rest of the Church was shocked and excited at the big announcement President Monson made today! Wowzers. I wish I could have gone when I was 19! When I was that age I kept saying, "I wish the prophet would come out and say that girls could serve at 19." I seriously have that written in my journal. I never thought it would happen though!

Perhaps this inspired move was because we are nearing even closer to the second coming and the Lord needs even more missionaries to take the Gospel to all the world and prepare for His coming. It is exciting. We will most likely see an increasing number of sister missionaries. I, of course, have a special place in my heart for sister missionaries. I hope this will help the Church and non-members see sister missionaries as equal to the Elders. On my mission I really felt that some people liked the Elders better (of course, some people definitely liked the sisters better too). Even now, being a sister RM, I have felt less appreciated than guy RMs. Hopefully this will help sisters get the respect they deserve. Sister missionaries make great contributions.

"The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.” (Joseph Smith)

What an exciting time in the history of the Church!

No comments: