Ok, I know I do a post like this every Fall. But, I really can't help myself. I fell in love with Illinois in the Fall while I was on my mission. It is gorgeous. And every stinkin' Fall, my heart misses it.
So tonight, I am missing Illinois in the Fall and my mission in general. Oh my goodness- sometimes my heart just aches to have those amazing experiences again. I miss it so much sometimes. I miss the people... even the crazy drunk people who told us we were going to hell (ok, maybe not so much, but really, it was pretty funny and added humor to my days). I miss teaching the Gospel full-time. Too bad I can't just be a full-time missionary the rest of my life!
Last night I had dinner with one of my MTC companions. It was so much fun. She is awesome. Definitely made me miss my mission.
I find comfort in the fact that I am not the only one still obssessed with their mission. Even after all these years. It makes me sad that memories fade and time moves on. But, I will always, always cherish my mission. And, most likely, I will always miss Illinois in the Fall. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment