Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mission Call and mission reunion in the same night? Yup!

Me, Sister Chapman (my trainer), and Sister Merriman (her other "daughter"). Sister Chapman is getting married this Saturday!

A few of us sisters hanging out with our mission president's wife, whom we love.

Friday. Oh, Friday. It was quite a day. There were some stressful things I had to get taken care of. And, I have been waking up at 5:30 every morning regardless of what time I go to sleep. I guess I'm still not adjusted from my travels this week.

I had a huge headache, but I really wanted to go to my mission reunion. So I did. It was fun. The Lord really blessed me to not feel sad about things. (As I had mentioned previously, sometimes reunions are hard because you see that everyone has moved on and things are different). Instead, I really just enjoyed being with some wonderful people I served around/with.

Sister Payne (who was mission secretary and has already served another mission since returning from Chicago), and me with the Dinsdales a senior couple I worked with. We had district meetings and lunches at their house a lot.
Sister Colledge and I. We went home the same day.

After the Reunion:
Christi was anxious to open her mission call, but I asked that she wait until later so I could go to my reunion (mean, I know). Thankfully, she did. Because Mom had to work that night until midnight and there was really no other time we could do it with everyone, we opened it at Mom's work.


As she opened her call, a bunch of us said, "Don't read it! Don't do it!" (Meaning, we didn't want her to scan it before she read it.) Well, too bad. She did. She opened it, scanned it, and said "Oh my!" That's about what my reaction was when I got my call. You get called to a place you'd never think you'd go. But, she's excited.


She's going to the New York, Utica Mission. She enters the Missionary Training Center June 2nd- very soon! Sister Cox Rocks! :)

3 comments:

C/K said...

YAY!!! I hope she's in an MTC district with missionaries going to Chicago. I was in a district with 2 missionaries going to NY and one going to Nauvoo. That's SOOOO exciting. Congrats Sis. Cox!

Hailey Jones said...

love missions.
love love love.
so so so excited.
mostly i love ny.
best day.
best fam.

Traci M said...

She's coming to my neck of the woods! It's really quite beautiful out here so tell your sister she's got a lot to look forward to!