Yesterday I headed to Logan, Utah to attend the wedding festivities of my two friends- Rachel and Bradley. It was a beautiful day! Sunny and warm. (A little bright for pictures, but other than that it was nice.)
The sealing was performed by the temple president, Rolfe Kerr. Up until recently he was the CES commissioner of education. I've heard him speak a couple of times. Rachel actually somehow requested that he perform the sealing. I guess he saw the name and kept trying to figure out how he knew her. She requested him because she's heard him speak and liked his remarks.
After the sealing we headed to the Bluebird Cafe for lunch. Mom went there to eat when she was attending USU years ago.
The reception was held in the Skyroom at USU. They had a little dessert bar and punch. It was nice.
During the course of the day I came across a few people who know people I know- which is fun. Rachel's sister just graduated from BYU-Idaho and lived in the same ward as Breanna. She took Anton and Breanna's engagement pictures. Also, Rachel's aunt is from Modesto. She's in the same stake I lived in. She and her husband moved there just a few years before we moved to Utah. Her husband was in the stake presidency, which I remember. He passed away a few years ago.
Also, one of Rachel's mission companions and I were in the same ward when I lived in Provo at Campus Plaza. And, an elder from her mission knows one of my MTC companions and her family. It's a small mormon world, I tell ya.
All-in-all it was a good day. I'm glad I got to be part of it.
1 comment:
You are looking good!!! That's awesome about all the connections you made - it really is a small world!
Post a Comment