I came across the following verses as I was reading the other night. I really like them. They're all good, but I particularly like verse 17.
1 John 2:15-17
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
I like these verses because we live in a world increasing in filth and the influences of Satan, but here we are reminded that ultimately those things will "pass away." The things of God are forever. Specifically, verse 17 strikes me because so often we get messages from the world telling us what we should do or be. But, really, we need to turn to the Lord to know what we should do and be.
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment