Tuesday, December 14, 2010

R.S. Presidency


The Presidency and our VT supervisor.

This semester I've had the opportunity to serve as the R.S. Secretary. It has been a great blessing and learning opportunity. It has strengthened my testimony of the importance of individuals in our large church. I have to list the names of sisters who did not attend at all, or who only attended once on the report I fill out every month. I also have to list the reasons. Also, I have to list the names of those who were not visit taught. (All of this in addition to the numbers and percentages). Each person is important and accounted for.

Funny thing- all of my callings since I have been home have been in Relief Society. I have served as a R.S. teacher, R.S. 1st counselor, and now as R.S. Secretary. I guess there are lessons I need to be learning from R.S. I'm told it is likely that I will still have the same calling next semester. So, I'll continue to learn and grow.

No comments: