Sunday, July 24, 2011

Blessed, Honored Pioneer

Today is pioneer day. After having just seen the movie 17 miracles over the weekend, I am especially grateful for the pioneers. The movie portrays some of what the Willie handcart company went through and the miracles they experienced. It was powerful. I was touched. (Watch the trailer here)

I am grateful for my own pioneer ancestry. I don't think I had any idea I had pioneer ancestors until 4 years ago, right before I left on my mission. I was looking at some family history things and discovered some ancestors who came across the plains. Some of them are buried around here in Utah. My Mom, Dad, and I went to a local cemetery and saw their graves.

I'm grateful for all that they sacrificed and went through. I'm grateful for their amazing examples of faith. Now that I have more time on my hands, I definitely want to do some more research. I'm excited to learn more about them.

No comments: