Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Moral Decay

I've had more time to watch TV since I've been out of school. However, I've discovered that there's really nothing good on these days. To be honest, I'm appalled at what's on TV. I think even in our LDS society we're becoming accepting of things that aren't right. It's so easy to become enthralled with a TV show and just accept that they drop a few bad words in here and there, but overall we think it's a good show, so we ignore the bad things.

In addition to TV, what's on the radio isn't much better. I think it's so easy to become desensitized. But, honestly, if we truly listen to the lyrics, we probably won't hear good things. I've noticed that there are catchy songs, but they have "the bug in the icecream" with one or two bad words. I guess lately I've really become aware of how Satan tries to influence us. He is sneaky. His influence on the world is great. I'm really quite sick of the world accepting things that are evil to be ok. Anyway, I guess I'll be done ranting. I just want to challenge us all to see how we can improve... and notice how Satan works on us. In the coming days things aren't going to get better. We've got to stand for what's strong and true.

I hope people reading this don't mistake this for a "Holier than thou" attitude. This is simply something that's been on my mind that I wanted to share. I know I personally can do better in these areas.