Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Weekend in St. George









This past weekend my dad and I went to St. George to see my sister and her husband run in the St. George marathon. There were a ton of people there! More than 5,000 people ran the race! It was hard to find a spot to squeeze in to see them run to the finish line, but we managed. I must say, it was interesting seeing people towards the finish line. They had just run 26.2 miles. Insane. There were actually military people nearby to catch people as they fell. My sister said that one lady was taken out on a stretcher 1.5 miles before the finish. Now that's depressing! I've got to hand it to people who put so much time and hard work into training for a marathon. I'm sure it's no piece of cake. (Ha ha.) It was kind of inspirational, to be honest. But, it definitely confirmed to me that I don't want to run a marathon!

It was fun to spend time with my niece and nephew. They are adorable as always. Before we left for the marathon we had conference on. My niece turned off the TV and said, "That's Sunday stuff. Today is Saturday." LOL! Kids say the funniest things!

Speaking of conference, I was sad to miss the Saturday morning session- especially since President Monson announced 6 new temples! Boy, you miss one session and you feel like you've missed so much. I heard he was pretty late to conference too. Well, luckily it's available online and I've already watched it and some of the priesthood session too. I'm so grateful for modern day prophets and apostles to lead and guide us.

Anyway, it was a great weekend away! Congrats to Traci and Gary for finishing the marathon!

1 comment:

Lois said...

That is so cool that your sister and her husband did that! I'm with you though - I admire them, but no way no how am I ever going to do a marathon. :)