Sunday, October 9, 2011

TWO New Callings, Wonderful Sunday!

Today has been a really good Sunday. I want to share my thoughts about it here.

I got sustained in church for my two new callings- ward publicist and visiting teaching supervisor. Now, let me just say- don't pray to receive a calling unless you are prepared to receive TWO! Ha ha. Seriously, I had been wanting to serve and now I have two great opportunities. It'll be good.

I got set apart by the bishop afterward and it was amazing. There were things said that I needed to hear. Side note- my bishop is great. I just love him and his wife.

Last Friday there was a convert baptism. Today, the guy was confirmed in Sacrament Meeting. Can I just say... AMAZING?! Convert baptisms are pretty rare around here. The guy got up and bore his testimony of the truthfulness of this church. It was powerful.

I think sometimes we take this gospel for granted. I know I definitely do. But, really it is so amazing and so important. We are so blessed. I feel so blessed to have knowledge of the Gospel and the blessings that come with being a member in my life.

After church we had dinner as a family, (well the family that is around here). We reminisced a little about times growing up. It was so fun.

Great Sunday! Great way to start off my week.

1 comment:

Lois said...

Haha! That is too funny. :) You'll be awesome at both!